THE METABOLIC INSTITUTE – NUTRITION & WEIGHT LOSS
Unfortunately, the demands of a fast-paced American lifestyle places priority on success and income rather than on nutrition and health. The art of savoring the food we put into our mouth is lost because Americans have lost the time and art of preparing, cooking and appreciating a family meal. Staples of the westernized standard American diet – grains, dairy, refined sugars and vegetable oils – account for 70% of total daily energy intake and were never intended to be consumed in such large amounts.
Functional Medicine is intrinsically linked to the recognition of the critical role of combining a healthy diet with essential targeted nutrition (whole foods and specific nutrients.)This is perhaps the most important factor in the maintenance of health and the prevention and reversal of disease.
Research has predicted that by 2020, nearly 75% of all deaths worldwide and 60% of all disability-adjusted life years will be attributed to chronic diseases. Diseases caused, in large part, by the Standard American Diet.
Personalized Diet & Exercise Programs
No single way of eating works for everyone. Each person’s metabolism is as unique as their fingerprint with highly individualized nutritional requirements. Nutrition and exercise are foundational to health and the focus at The Metabolic Institute is to personalize lifestyle programs based on:
- Personal differences in anatomy, metabolism, body composition and cell structure
- Nutritional Genomics: The relationship between nutrition, our diet, and our gene expression.
- Epigenetics: How our genetics shape the kinds of nutrients we need, but also how specific nutrients shape our genetic expression.
Are you one of the millions of Americans that struggles with being able to lose weight? We know that food is medicine and one of the most powerful influences on our ability to lose and maintain weight and reverse chronic diseases. What you put on that fork does matter!
Yet, weight gain and stubborn weight loss are often symptoms of something deeper. Metabolism is affected by your age, gender, body composition, activity level, genetics, and associated health conditions. Our goal at The Metabolic Institute is to assess your metabolism, uncover any conditions that may impede it and design a nutrition and weight loss program that gives you back your birth right—to be optimally healthy!
In addition to developing a personalized, sound weight loss program, The Metabolic Institute also evaluates for influencing factors that can lead to weight loss resistance:
- Hormonal deficiencies and imbalances
- Thyroid, adrenal, cortisol, estrogen, progesterone, testosterone and DHEA
- Stress and its influence on weight loss resistance
- Inflammation in the body
- Food intolerances and allergies
- Heavy metal and chemical toxicity
- Nutrient deficiencies
- Pathogenic overgrowth in the gastro-intestinal tract
- Understanding the biology and behavior of food intake