THE METABOLIC INTITUTE – FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE AND BIOIDENTICAL HORMONE THERAPY
What is Functional Medicine?
It’s a new medical model for addressing chronic illness—shifting the traditional acute-care focus of 21st century medical practice to a more patient-centered approach.
Functional Medicine is different…
Using emerging research and effective interventions, Functional Medicine treats illness and promotes wellness.
- Blends the best of conventional medicine with scientific, evidence-based integrative and alternative therapies.
- Addresses and corrects the underlying causes of chronic illness, disease states, and pain, rather than placing a “band-aid” on the symptom.
- An evolution in the practice of medicine that better addresses the multitude of chronic 21st century diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, cancer, autoimmune disorders.
- Works to restore physical, mental and spiritual balance.
Hallmarks of a Functional Medicine approach include:
- Integrative, evidence-based approach.
- Supports the most basic and essential elements of health.
- Evaluates predisposing factors (antecedents), discrete events (triggers), and ongoing physiological processes (mediators) that create ongoing disease.
- The goal is supporting the body in its own healing process by understanding the patient’s genetics, environment, physiology, and individuality and the interplay these factors have on health.
Why you need Functional Medicine…
Functional Medicine is for people who want answers…
- Patients come to us because we care and they want to get healthy and feel better.
- Functional Medicine practitioners spend time with their patients, listening to their histories and stories.
- It empowers patients to take an active role in their own health.
- Diseases don’t just happen overnight. Diminished quality of health results from long-term, untreated metabolic imbalances influenced by lifestyle and past experiences.
- Functional Medicine practitioners are dedicated to discovering the source of symptoms rather than succumbing to drug therapies, commonly used to treat symptoms and often causing problems of their own.
- Understanding metabolism is as unique as your fingerprint; we tailor programs to fit your body’s needs.
Functional Medicine treats…
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Digestive Conditions
- Chronic Health Conditions
- Hormone Imbalances
- Nutritional Deficiencies
- The Root Cause of Illness
- And Much More…