What is Genetic Testing?
Types of Genetic Testing
Benefits of Genetic Testing
Genetic testing is a preventative measure that can provide health advantages including:
- Diagnose illness
- Create a specific lifestyle plan
- Look for changes in genes that could cause certain illnesses
- Identify how severe an illness has gotten
- Help to decide the best treatment option for specific individuals
- Identify genes that could be passed to children.
Genetic testing can be positive even if it does indicate an abnormality. It can create a sense of relief for some people by eliminating uncertainty they may have had. While results can also substantially help doctors to indicate the proper treatment plan for their patient. Genetic testing can assist people in making difficult decisions regarding their family’s health, or help provide information towards taking preventative steps to avoid diseases they may be at risk of. Your DNA can also reveal useful lifestyle information such as what diet and exercise plan may be most effective for you.